Getting regular AC maintenance is useful. Good service will keep your air conditioning system in Scottsdale running at optimal performance while keeping energy consumption down. It can even help prolong its life span.
While you can do some tune-up jobs yourself, you should work with best local experts, like the ones at Scottsdale HVAC Repair Pros, for routine AC checks and upkeep. As you prepare for another summer in the Valley of the Sun, here are several easy steps you can take to prepare for the cooling season.
Plan For AC Maintenance
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves spring cleaning and a hefty portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the heat approaching, consider adding AC tune-ups to that checklist.
Waiting to switch your air conditioner on until the first warm day of the summer can be dicey. If something breaks down and your AC unit needs to be serviced or replaced, you could be waiting for days to find a technician. That wait time can be extremely unbearable.
Allergy and asthma sufferers who get ahead of the game with a clean AC unit and ductwork will have the best indoor air quality when pollen season kicks off. Additionally, AC upkeep by a qualified technician may be requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extended warranties.
Should I Attempt to do an AC Tuneup by Myself?
We all love doing our very own DIY projects. In HVAC systems, there are some easy action items that keep your air conditioner equipment in prime order:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters obstruct airflow and reduce system efficiency. How often you should replace your filter depends on the type of filter you choose, but in general, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you own pets or suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Do lawn work by your exterior condenser. By ensuring that there is no grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning equipment, you are optimizing your airflow out of the condenser. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space on the 3 sides of the condenser that face away from your house. Clearing out any leaves or twigs that got inside your unit will help improve airflow as well.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What else is left to accomplish? If you call our service experts at Scottsdale HVAC Repair Pros at (480) 531-8624, we will get right to the nuts and bolts.
We will inspect your system to ensure that it is operating as it should by:
- Testing and tightening electrical connections
- Lubricating moving component parts
- Cleaning the condensate drain line
- Aligning coil fins
- Cleaning and degriming the outside coil
- Inspecting and examining controls to ensure a proper system start, run, and shutdown
- Evaluating the operating system temperature parameters
- Ensuring the proper refrigeration charge
If we discover problems that require additional service, we are set to give you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible issues early may solve more expensive problems down the road. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
Should you need an updated air conditioner, our air conditioning experts will assist you to locate the right HVAC solution for your family. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing that our experts will take care of your needs.